Friday, January 25, 2013

Blessings and Peace

Dear Friends,

This will be my final Weekly Word to you. I want to take the opportunity to thank you all for the lovely and kind words, cards, and blessings you have shared with me, and a special thank you for the generous cash gift, the chalice and rice bowls (thanks to Tom Roach's artistry!), and prayer shawl. My leaving is bittersweet - I am excited about new things to come for myself and for you, and I also will miss you all.

In worship on January 20, we offered one another gratitude and forgiveness, and we released each other from the pastoral relationship.  It is my hope that you will warmly embrace and support your new Interim Pastor and other pastors who will come to partner in ministry with you.  So that you can freely do that, it is common ministerial practice to have some shared understanding of boundaries as I depart. I am grateful for your encouragement in my continued ministry, and I offer my support to the interim minister and all your future ministers. Part of that support means that I can no longer be available for pastoral care or to help you process the goings-on in the life of this church. I have no doubt that the Caring Committee, Stephen Ministers, and future pastors will provide excellent care.

Healthy goodbyes help us be open to the new things that God has in store for all of us. Syed and I will no longer attend worship or other church functions for at least a year (and after that only at the invitation of the current pastor). I will also be limiting my Facebook and online interactions with the members and friends of this church. This is all part of my intentionality and love for you, and though it can be difficult, it is important. We may run into each other around town (as this is a small town!), but it will be important for us to avoid talking about your feelings and experiences related to this congregation.

I hope you will take the time to read the annual reports that have been carefully prepared. In my final annual report, I have reflected on our two years of ministry together and shared with you some of my wishes for your future. I will hold you in prayer and trust that God will continue to nurture, sustain, and challenge you as you live into God's future.

Blessings and peace to you,
Manda

Texts For This Week:
Nehemiah 8:1-3, 5-6, 8-10                                        
Psalm 19                                                                    
1 Corinthians 12:12-31a 

Luke 4:14-21

No comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts on this post in a spirit of love for God, yourself, and each other. All comments are checked before posting. While you may post anonymously, we encourage you to leave your name!